Tuesday, October 15, 2024

What are your priorities?

Playing a little catch-up, this was a rough few days with the wife getting a much needed getaway and my kids keeping me busy. I was keeping up with my reading but didn’t away get something writen down for a verse and didn’t get to putting down my thought on the verse until today’s reading. Here is the reading and verses as well as today’s thoughts. 


October 9

 

Reading: Isaiah 65-66, Psalm 124, and Acts 11

 

Scripture: Isaiah 66:12-13, For thus says the Lord: “Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; and you shall nurse, you shall be carried upon her hip, and bounced upon her knees. As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem. 


 

October 10

 

Reading: 2 Kings 21, 2 Chronicles 33, Psalm 75, and Acts 12

 

Scripture: Acts 12:22-23, And the people were shouting, “The voice of a god, and not of a man!” Immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down, because he did not give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms and breathed his last.

 

October 11

 

Reading: Nahum 1-3 and Acts 13

 

Scripture: Acts 13:17-18, The God of this people Israel chose our fathers and made the people great during their stay in the land of Egypt, and with uplifted arm he led them out of it. And for about forty years he put up with them in the wilderness.

 

October 12

 

Reading: 2 Kings 22, 2 Chronicles 34, and Acts 14

 

Scripture: Acts 14:2-3, But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers. So they remained for a long time, speaking boldly for the Lord, who bore witness to the word of his grace, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

 

October 13

 

Reading: 2 Kings 23, 2 Chronicles 35, and Acts 15

 

October 14

 

Reading: Habakkuk 1-3 and Acts 16

 

Scripture: Acts 16:28, But Paul cried with a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.”

 

October 15

 

Reading: Zephaniah 1-3 and Acts 17

 

Scripture: Zephaniah 1:18, Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the Lord. In the fire of his jealousy, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full and sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

 

Thoughts: As I sit here working to get a loan to be able to build a home for my family, money has been weighing heavy on my mind. How much do I bring in? How much is God’s? How much do we need for all the other things like food and gas? All things running through my mind and this passage stuck out to me and making me think of our current situation in the United States. So many of the people in this nation are more worried about the big green god, their “gold and silver.” Zephaniah reminds us that when we don’t have the right focus and allow God to be supplanted by the things of this world, we could easily be wiped away with the non believers.

 

Prayer: Father God your are our provider, you are the one who created all things and own the cattle on a thousand mountains. I think you that you are leading and guiding me. I thank you for my family and the provisions that you give us every day. I ask that you help me to steward well those things you have given to me, help me to be kind and loving to my family and those around me. All I have is your and I place it all in your hands that it will prosper and grow. I thank you that you have a plan for us and that we have the ability to see your works.


No comments:

Post a Comment