Thursday, October 17, 2024

Who are you?

Reading: Jeremiah 1-2 and Acts 18

 

Scripture: Jeremiah 1:4-5, Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

 

Thoughts: With the world constantly pouring into us how much better you will be with this or that, or that we are not failures. We have been fed the line that if we don’t have what others have we are not enough. God reminds us in Jeremiah that He formed us in our mothers womb, and before he did so he knew us and that he had a plan for us. I know I struggle with how I see myself, not just the physical, where I feel like I’m not attractive but also that I’m not intelligent or wise and I can’t be used by God because of these limitations. These passages remind me that he knew me before my mother even had a thought of having a child. We need to keep our perspective on who God says we are and not what the world thinks of us.

 

Prayer: Father God you are the speaker of life, you created all things and formed me in my mothers womb. You know the hairs on my head and the plans you have for me. I thank you that you do have plans for me and work in my life. I thank you that you are teaching me every day. I ask for forgiveness for the places I fall dawn and ask for your help to get back up and to continue to work in me that I can better reflect your love. Help me to see the next steps you have for me and the strength to take the steps you have for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment