Reading: 2 Kings 16, 2 Chronicles 28, Psalm 113, and John 14
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 28:22-23, In the time of his distress he became yet more faithless to the LORD—this same King Ahaz. For he sacrificed to the gods of Damascus that had defeated him and said, “Because the gods of the kings of Syria helped them, I will sacrifice to them that they may help me.” But they were the ruin of him and of all Israel.
Thoughts: As I read over this again, I see Ahaz started seeking help from other nations' gods just because those nations defeated them. I find it interesting that over the last few decades there have been some “Christian” groups/ churches who in my opinion have like Ahaz decided to bow down to a false god, disregarding Scripture and placing self before the sovereignty of God. We are all the imago Dei (image of God) and as such the murder of any is deplorable, from one still in the womb to one in a nursing home. All life is valuable and should be treated as such. In my opinion, abortion is like the child sacrifices to Moloch of the Old Testament. Many states have made this murder as easy as a mail-order pill. Have we been convinced that the gods of self and convenience are more worthy of our worship than the one who created it all? As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Prayer: Father God I thank you for every life that is created. I thank you for the opportunity to seek and hear your voice. I stand in awe of how you can continue to speak through words penned thousands of years ago. You are worthy of all praise and honor. You are the creator of all things and the beginning and end. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us and for giving us what we need.
No comments:
Post a Comment