Monday, September 28, 2026

Peace in my time.

Reading: 2 Kings 20, Isaiah 38-39, Psalm 134, and John 20

Scripture: Isaiah 39:8, Then Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “The word of the LORD that you have spoken is good.” For he thought, “There will be peace and security in my days.”

Thoughts: Living in the United States there are two primary political groups the Liberals and the Conservatives. And when your party is in power, we talk about how good it is, and when the other party is in power, we complain about how the country is falling apart. Hezekiah was on his deathbed crying out to God after being told he would die. Because of his fervent prayers, God granted him more time. When the Babylonian envoys came because they heard he was sick and had recovered, Hezekiah showed them all he had instead of giving glory to God. I see this as him being a prideful man. And after Isaiah tells him that the nation will go into exile and be taken to Babylon, his response was, " Good, I will have peace.” Are we being the force for change and for good to push back the things the Bible calls evil or are we like Hezekiah saying, “At least I will have peace?”

Prayer: Father God, I thank you that you are in control no matter what party is leading this country. I thank you that you are leading and guiding your people and that you have a plan. I thank you for the revival in the church and the outreach and calling you are doing. I thank you for all those who have received your gift of salvation and are striving to know you more. I thank you that you are providing for wants and needs. You are Worthy of it all and I praise you in the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment