Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Promotion comes from the Lord

Reading: Isaiah 40-41 and John 21

Scripture: Isaiah 40:29, He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.

Thoughts: This last year has been full of ups and downs, getting into our house after two years living in an RV, bills becoming larger than expected, and my wife needing surgery. There have been times when I did not know which way was up. With everything going on I know I have been feeling depleted. This passage being spoken over Israel reminded me that my strength and my provisions do not come from my hard work and toils. All I have comes from the Lord. “For one’s rising up does not come from the east, nor from the west, And not from the desert; But God is the Judge; He puts down one and raises up another.” Psalm 75:6-7 God is the one who placed me in this job, God is the one who provides and strengthens me as I walk through this valley. As much as I love the view from the mountain tops there is not much growth happening there, growth happens in the valley where we struggle and are stretched beyond what we think we can handle, so that we can give glory to God.

Prayer: Lord God, I stand in awe of you. You are the provider of all things. You know our needs even before we do. I thank you that you hear us and know us by name. I thank you for calling me and working in my life. I thank you for those men whom you have placed in my life, so that we get to be the iron for one another sharpening and honing our lives to live for you. Thank you for those who help refine me like silver that I may reflect You.


No comments:

Post a Comment